When we told Alita we were going camping again she said, "We already did that!" with a bit of disgust in her tone of voice. I assured her there would be no mosquitoes and it would be a different place. Deception Pass was a fabulous trip for our little one (and us) for the following reasons:
- Only 1.5 hrs. from home.
- A swimming lake, beaches and forest right next to one another
- Three kinds of ripe berries in the campground area for the pickins'.
- Middle of the week campground availability, when the weekends are fully booked.
- Shelters for that PNW rain
- Amazing tide pools (future post about that soon!)
- A statue honoring women that put food on the table for their families. Not really, but I love this statue and that's pretty much how I feel every night when I get dinner on the table.